This tab controls the conversion of photos into the Android database. The original photos on your PC can be in any popular raster image format (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, etc.) and they will be resized and converted to internal JPEG records as applicable.
Note that photo records in a GEDCOM file can only be processed if they correctlylink to image files that are external to the GEDCOM file.
- For Individuals, etc. - Selects what items should have their photos converted.
- Primary - Converts only those photos marked as primary (Master Genealogist). For other formats, this is the same as First photo.
- First photo found - Converts only the first photo encountered for any given item.
- All photos - Converts all photos for the selected items.
- Converted Photo Size - There are two options for controlling the size of converted photos in the database. The 320x320 size is adequate for most devices; the 400x400 size is only effective if your device's screen is at least 480 pixels wide. The larger size will greatly increase the size of your database file if you have a lot of photos!
- Compression Quality - Controls JPEG compression. Affects the size of the converted database.