Change Log (Updates)
This page documents the changes that have been made from version to version of the product. For the Windows conversion program, you can check your current version by clicking on Help -> About. On Android, press the Menu button and select Info.
These updates are not automated. It will be necessary for you to download the latest version and install it. Your registration key will not be lost in this process, even if you uninstall the current version first.
V6.4.3 (Apr 2016)
- Add support for certain non-standard GEDCOM tags.
- For business and technical reasons, this is expected to be the final release of this program!
V6.4.2 (Apr 2016)
- Fix problem in locating the Dropbox folder on some systems.
V4.6.1 (Feb 2016)
- Add support for the GEDCOM NICK (nickname) tag.
V4.6.0 (Oct 2015)
- First free version!
V4.5.6 (Jul 2015)
- Add support for some less-common GEDCOM tags.
- Fix crash due to invalid Legacy date format.
V4.5.5 (Apr 2015)
- Add option for higher-res photo conversion into database (may greatly increase the size of the database file).
V4.5.4 (Apr 2015)
- Fix what was supposed to have been fixed in V4.5.2.
V4.5.2 (Mar 2015)
- Fix problems where some text strings in Legacy databases were not being converted to UTF-8 format and displaying as garbage on the device.
V4.5.0 (Feb 2014)
- Minor internal database changes.
- Support List of Witnesses feature for The Master Genealogist and Legacy Family Tree.
V4.6.3 (Apr 2016)
- Cumulative enhancements and bug fixes.
- FINAL RELEASE of GedStar Pro for Windows!
Updates to the Android application can be installed on your device by downloading them from the download page. Note that you will have to change your device settings to allow installation from "Unknown Sources" if you want to install any further updates!
V3.4.11 (Feb 2018)
- Support for Ahnentafel-Sosa ancestor numbering
V3.4.9 (Jan 2018)
- Update widget for Android 8.0 compatibility.
- New adaptive icon for Android 8.0.
V3.4.8 (Nov 2017)
- Improve the handling of HTML web links within memos and other text blocks.
- Cumulative update, multiple enhancements and bug fixes.
- New support for Google Drive due to a change in the way that Drive works on the latest Android versions.
- Support the GEDCOM NICK tag (requires 4.6.1 or later of Windows program).
- Fix a problem introduced by Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Show full date in the event list on wider-screen devices (not on smartphones in portrait position). Can be disabled in Settings.
- Fix an old bug that occasionally caused a database to be erroneously deleted.
- Option to sort lists by ID.
- Display witness list for event (requires 4.5.0+ of converter).
- Fix relationship bug.
- Improve photo dialog layout in landscape mode.
- Add scrollbar for long lists (names, photos, etc.)
- Improve tree graphics.
- Tweak graphics for xx-high-density displays.
- Consistent display of names with missing parts.
- New translation: German.
- Change photo handling for better sizing, especially on new high-res and extra-high-res devices.
- Display warning before exiting when Back key is pressed.
- Can display icon to indicate direct ancestors of a specified person.
- Full support for Action Bar on Android V4.
- Simulated Action Bar for Android V2-3.
- Action Bar tabs for view navigation.
- Swipe between views on Android V4.
- Updated and sharpened graphics.